Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One Year Anniversary of My Blog! Hooray!

Hooray! It is this one year anniversary of my humble little blog! What started as a way for me to keep in touch with my students and their families as well as get my art ideas down "on paper" has really blossomed into so much more! I have met so many wonderful art educators through the blogosphere and every day I learn so much from them and my students. 


The past week has been a busy one for me...we had some actual birthdays in our house. I also introduced a one point perspective project to my home school students. Today they inked their drawings and began adding color. We'll need another week on that project before I can post it.

My after school art class began two projects this week: Mexican folk art snakes from papier mache in the Oaxacan tradition and tooled metal trinket boxes. We'll be finishing up those when they come back from vacation. 

And finally, I just wrapped up a volunteer project with my second son's class where they made the mosaic snowglobes (I posted that project a while back). All 17 children were able to create personalized mosaics that included paper snow since it hasn't snowed here! Those pieces should be sent home this week.

So, I've been busy! Really I have! I can't wait to resume classes so that I can see all of these wonderful projects get completed!

I have an awesome job! I am so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...