Friday, August 9, 2013

Summertime! At least for a few more weeks here in NH!

I try to keep my children's reading, writing, and math skills up over the summer. We start out strong, but I must say, I have had to "renegotiate" the summer contracts with my children this year. This is a skill that now makes me ready for the United Nations!



Anyway, I had my middle son write some poetry, type it into the computer, and then illustrate it. Since his poem was about "Summertime," he decided to do a variation of the flip flop collage project I posted about here.

He had a great time writing this, typing it in, and creating the 3D flip flops--especially when he found the minions in an ad = instant minion flip flops!

This would be a great sneaky project to get your kids to do a bit of writing before the end of the summer while preserving those summer memories. Or, if you are a teacher, it's a great welcome back project for integrating art and language arts!

Enjoy the rest of YOUR summer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this. I am the same way with the parenting ... my son is good about sticking to our schedule in June but by August I'm focused on school and forget about enforcing the TV! Oh well. He's a kid, and that's what summer is for right ;)
    I'm your newest follower!
    ~ Kristin
    thisoldartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to see that somebody is still reading my blog since I have been negligent over the summer and posted just twice--YIPES! Time for me to get back to it! I hope you enjoy the blog and the rest of your summer! Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...