Sunday, March 16, 2014

Surrealist Collages with Scouts

Today I had a great time talking to Webelos Den 5 in Amherst! I gave a talk on being an artist, showed them my graphic design & illustration portfolio and we did some art! 



One requirement for the day was to create a collage. I immediately thought of a project I had seen on the blog Mrs. Knight's Smartest Artists! She had students use photos of famous places as backgrounds and collage magazine pictures on top. The results were pretty awesome and easy! I thought a bunch of 10-year-old boys on a Sunday may want to try it out.

We only had 1/2 hour for the project because they had 4 or 5 other projects to do in the two hour period, but this was fun, fast, and I loved that they were learning about art. But, SHHHHH! Don't tell them that!

Here are some of the results:









1 comment:

  1. Que buenos trabajos! Felicitaciones! lo invito a visitar mi blog: plasticaenla5del11.blogspot.com saludos Ana.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...